18 June, 2008

"Finding the light in the darkest corners of the heart Part 3"


I thought of her again, the girl I loved. I thought of the way her hair fell over her shoulders, of her smiling face and shining eyes, alight with mischief and intelligence. I thought of her laughter, and I felt a twinge of hurt. It hurt because she can never be mine.

I laid down a plan to tell her how I really felt about her. I thought that this way, if I could get my feelings out in the open, everything would fall into place, that everything would be all right.

So I asked her out. So out we went. Took in some city sights, got lunch, got coffee, played arcade games, talked a lot, had fun. And all the while, my planned confession kept getting pushed to the back of my mind. Finally, on the way home, I thought I could finally be able to say it, and yet, I found myself increasingly unable to speak. Unable to say just a few simple words. Unable to articulate a spiel I had practiced in front of my mirror.

I just couldn’t say it…..

How could I ?.......

To be Continued .....

No comments: