12 June, 2008

"Finding the light in the darkest corners of the heart Part 2"

I thought of her again, the girl I loved. I thought of the way her hair fell over her shoulders, of her smiling face and shining eyes, alight with mischief and intelligence. I thought of her laughter, and I felt a twinge of hurt. It hurt because she can never be mine.

I fell in love. It sounds nice, except with one tiny problem. I fell in love with a friend. Someone who I had shared ideas and advice with. Someone who trusted me. And now I was about to betray that trust. I was in a quandary. I didn’t know what to do! I knew, or at least surmised that she still had some things to work out with her former relationships: I thought she still loved her ex - boyfriend, years after they broke up. And not to mention that we considered her ex – boyfriend one of our circle as well. Yeah. A big fat mess I was in, all right.

But as much as I knew that I would regret telling her how I felt, I knew I would regret it more if I didn’t tell her how I felt.

So I planned a way to tell her how I felt.

But then again, plans rarely survive their first contact with reality…….



To be Continued...

1 comment:

pariah said...

I thought she still loved her ex - boyfriend, years after they broke up - quite an assumption, don't you think? ^^ In any case, when you assume too much, things do get quite a bit colored in your perspective, don't you agree? ^^